Supreme Court Swearing-In Ceremony
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law is pleased to invite all Chicago-Kent alumni to participate in the upcoming spring's large group admission ceremony at the United States Supreme Court in Washington, D.C. on Monday, March 6, 2017. The group is limited to 50 applicants and applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants will also be invited to join Dean Hal Krent for dinner in Washington, D.C. the evening before the ceremony.
To be eligible, you must be in good standing in a U.S. state or territory and you must have been practicing law for at least three years without any disciplinary action.
To apply to join the group, please complete the following two steps:
1. Register with the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association online no later than Friday, January 6, 2017.
2. Mail the following documents to the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association, 565 W. Adams St., Suite 310B, Chicago, IL 60661 no later than Friday, January 13, 2017:
- Supreme Court application (completed online and printed out), including the signed "Oath of Admission" section and sponsor signatures. If you do not know anyone who has already been admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court Bar and can act as a sponsor for you, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for Dean Krent and a faculty member to sponsor you. Complete application instructions can be found here.
- A Certificate of Good Standing from the highest state court in the state in which you are practicing (a Bar Association certificate cannot act as a substitute). For those licensed in Illinois instructions for obtaining a certificate can be found at http://www.state.il.us/court/supremecourt/goodstanding.asp.
- $200 Admission fee check stapled to your application made payable to the "Supreme Court of the United States."
Your spot in the group will not be confirmed until both steps are completed. Please contact the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association at 312.906.5245 or email@example.com with any questions.